top of page

Aleppo Township

Aleppo Township, originally incorporated in 1876 from the western section of Kilbuck Township, was part of the Depreciation lands surveyed by Nathaniel Breading, It lost land that formed the boroughs of Sewickley Heights, Glenfield and Haysville and became a first class township in 1960. In 2020, it had a population of 1,828 and an area of 1.8 square miles.


Aleppo borders Sewickley Heights, Glenfield, Haysville, Glen Osborne, Sewickley and, to the east, Kilbuck. Its first settler was Solomon Veal. Other early names associated with the borough include Wood, Dawson, Merriman, White and Park.


Pictures: Lithograph of farm on Glen Mitchell



6 views0 comments

Related Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page